To Parents, Educators, and Patrons of Perry Township Schools:
On May 4, 2010, the citizens of Perry Township will have an opportunity to participate in an important Primary Election process, which will affect all citizens, not just those who have children in our school system. As you may remember, in the 2008 election, the citizens of Perry Township turned out in record numbers to elect Mercer, Mertz, & Freeman to the MSDPT School Board. Those three individuals very quickly began a process of “rebuilding trust and restoring pride in our school board leadership.” Now our citizenry has an opportunity to continue that forward moving process by electing Jon Morris & Ed Denning to that team of new community leadership. These two ethical and knowledgeable candidates are qualified for numerous reasons:
* They are individuals of honesty and integrity.
* They are citizens with high moral values and standards.
* They possess a strong desire to make our school system the best it can be through well-informed and pro-active leadership.
* They possess knowledge of our school system and its needs.
* They are willing to devote the time to serve effectively.
* They are pledged to open communications with the community and will respond to the needs of students, parents, teachers, administrators, and patrons.
* They are pledged to invest in sound financial management and business practices.
* They are pledged to follow the Code of Ethics of the Indiana School Boards Association which defines the function of a school board member as policy maker and not administrator.
* They are service-minded individuals who volunteer to support the activities and people in our community.
* They are pledged to continue to build community trust and pride in the leadership of our school board.
* They have no personal agendas or vendettas, only goals of service to the community.
Our beloved township needs loyal, ethical, open-minded, visionary, and sensible leaders who will be receptive to the community they serve and who seriously care about our educational system and its impact on our children. To insure a leadership that represents the values of this township, I urge all citizens to go to the polls on Tuesday, May 4, and vote for Morris & Denning for Perry Township School Board.
You must be logged in to post a comment.